I just wanted to do a quick post talking about a few things that have been on my mind all weekend. I have read some really amazing posts lately about this subject and wanted to add my thoughts. I really do believe that any good SEO fits into one of these four areas:
- They spend 50% of their time with clients and the other 50% with their own businesses.
- They love SEO so much they do it full time because they find it more fulfilling then working on their own businesses (this is their full time business, passion, hobby, life).
- Some SEO’s consult because they have a passion for teaching.
- Really good SEO’s can set their own price and not have to worry about every single bit of business that comes their way.
If you are looking for a good SEO that practices what they preach:
- You won’t be able to afford them (in most cases)
- They are busy making money with all of the knowledge they have
- They can be picky and break up with clients that bring them down
- If you ask them what businesses they run, they can show you examples and successes they have.
I love SEO, and I don’t care who knows it. I have so much fun everyday doing what I do. Having a job thats more of a passion, and being able to do it from home because of the Internet is an amaizng feeling. While I am working on stuff, if my kid wants to come jump in my lap for a second and say hi … he can. Show me a corporate job that is that family friendly!