Heres how: Drop IE, or any other pathetic browswer you may be using.
I have been using Firefox for about a year now and will never go back to IE (other then to just see how sites I have designed look in it) and I wanted to share my top 10 reasons you should switch to Firefox today:
- It’s not a Microsoft product. (do I really need anymore after that?)
- Load time on pages is faster
- The best standards compliance browser
- The .01% of the time it may crash (because its most likely on a Windows machine) the new Firefox has a restore feature that opens your last tabs, and you lose nothing. (this alone sold me on the new Firefox 2)
- Open source people love it (thus they program the sickest extentions for it – FOR FREE)
- Easy extention updates
- Perfect for developers and designers
- User interface is simple and elegant
- Works on all platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac
- Find dialog is amazing, and they were one of the first to start offering web 2.0 features. (like SVG support)
- Not a microsoft product – (ok that is 11 but it needed to be on the list again)
As a marketing professional I love Firefox for all the cool SEO tools and extentions that are developed for it. I could not live with out and wonder why people are still wasting thier time on any other browser.
If you want to keep using a pathetic browser then don’t click on this link – Get Firefox 2