In this session of 97th Floor Radio, Shante Schroeder and Jayme Jenkins, lead digital marketers at 97th Floor, discuss women in digital marketing – specifically what they’ve encountered and advice for women in the industry.
You will learn:
- A few theories on why the industry is predominantly male
- More and more women drawn from different industries into digital marketing as it evolves
- As we start to see an influence of social media and how that can impact organic search etc. – we start to see a cross-collaboration of males and females in the industry
- Why is it important to set up an environment that attracts and retains women?
- Digital marketing it not one-dimensional – you need that cross collaboration between males and females – an exchange of different ideas where everyone is collaborating to get the best results for the client
- Be direct and fair
- What to tell those women who feel like they are not getting the respect they deserve
- Be confident in your craft
- Come to the table with strong recommendations, know your stuff
- It starts with results
- If you don’t have experience, ask smart questions
- The female superpowers
- Does your behavior reflect how you wish to be perceived?
- Common mistakes women make in the workplace
- Be aware
- It is not impossible to have a strong voice in a company that is predominantly male
- What does the tone of your voice say about you?
- How to say ‘No’
- Have your own voice
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Learn more and connect with Jayme Jenkins
Learn more and connect with Shante Schroeder
Learn more about 97th Floor
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your insights.