In this session of 97th Floor Radio, Shante Schroeder chats with Paxton Gray and PJ Howland, digital marketers at 97th Floor, on their predictions for the industry in 2015.
You will learn:
- Don’t panic! The industry won’t change drastically, a lot of these predictions we have already started to see
- The need for businesses to understand the difference between inbound marketing and digital marketing
- The shift to not just being in a space, but doing it well.
- The need for businesses to focus on what their expertise can solve for customers, rather than what their product can bring to the table.
- An example of how you should give more than you take from your customers
- Make sure your SEO is holistic
- Your strategy should be tightly integrated across all channels
- Quality beats quantity
- User experience is vital
- We will see a rise of the professional and a decline of the ameatur in digital marketing
- The battle for educating the digital marketer – who will have the certification that’s needed?
- Digital marketers are becoming more and more self-regulating
- In 2015 we will continue to test the correlation between social activity and rankings
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Learn more and connect with Paxton Gray
Learn more and connect with PJ Howland
Learn more about 97th Floor
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuk
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your insights.